• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: ^kbc  
Forum » Community Section » Admin Problems » bad camper bad
bad camper bad
aJDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 6:41 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
was playing a nice friendly game of jailbreak, commanding as ct on some boring map, was commanding for about 2 hours, made up a game with football, ct's vs t's; you are allowed to attack but with SLASH only and ONLY if the person you are attacking has the ball.
We played a few successful rounds of that and then along comes camper, joins the server, ruins the game by flexing his admin powers, repeatedly teleporting the ball to himself.
I know he's one of the "main" admins but come on.. if i wanted that garbage i would go to nD.

hoffmeastro said in chat that we were going to play first and last reaction day, we opened cells, by the time we reached down to them they had boosted out of their enclosed area, I said on mic "freeze in 5 4 3 2 1" they continued running towards gun room.. by then all ct's opened fire and killed the t's.
no warning no nothing, camper bans me.

Want to become a member? Apply @ www.vgc.ucoz.com
Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : last and first reacton day

: D : tongue

(me on mic: "ok hoffmeastro taking command of this day")

Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : NOOOO

: D : warden aj

Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : hate comanding..

Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : noo

Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : fotball XD

aJ killed Camper*_* @ Schlumpf<3 with mp5navy
Visit @ www.vgc.ucoz.com
sP killed : D with m4a1
sP killed Crabs hate [ : D ] with m4a1
Want other map? Type rtv in chat to start a vote
sP attacked a teammate
*DEAD* : D : wtf
Ban Information
Name: aJ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7258609
Reason: Freekill
Ban Length: 1 hour
Unban Time: 4:12:14 3/28/2010
Admin Name: Camper*_* @ Schlumpf<3
Admin SteamID: STEAM_0:0:26714881

If you think you were banned unfairly, report this information to our website:
www.vgc.ucoz.com
Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : LOL XD

Kicked by Console: "You are banned from this server. Check your console"
Kicked :"You are banned"

OK Camper you might post in response to this in your defence saying that I was swearing while giving commands blah blah blaaaah, the majority of the people on the server at that time were friends of mine and the worst thing i said was "hoffmeastro taking command, me and sp dont give a f**k" but the time this all happened was 3:15am, kids that can't handle "f**k" aren't awake at that time, also by banning us Camper emptied the server, the time now is 3:19am and the server is dead. GG.

1 hour ban but not the point, you want a successful gaming community, this isn't the way it happens.

Thank you for your time dry

-aJ

raYDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 1:48 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Team Member
Okay, I wasn't around when this happened but I was around when we were playing last night, I then got off to go to sleep. aJ wanted to stay on and command since we had started playing around midnight and gathered a bunch of players who were having fun with us commanding. I really can't see where or what aJ did to deserve a ban and I would be the same if an admin started toying with amxmodmenu, it just ruins the game for CTs and Ts, something you'd see on nD.

Camper, you complain yesterday about boring cell days but when aJ does something that's WORKING and the players on the server are having FUN, yet, you ban him because amxmodmenu is available and you'd much rather kill the server at 4am in the morning then swallow him killing you, which was a FAIR kill, by any means. Mate, you're better then this and you know how me and aJ play, we play fair, we play to have fun and we play to help VGC develop. We had started VGC at midnight. There was 2 people on when I got on the server. I saw nD had 23 players online. But no, I went onto VGC because VGC is the server I'm a member of now and the server aJ wants to help. From midnight onwards, players slowly joined and DID NOT leave because they enjoyed us commanding as CTs, we thought of fun games for the benefit of the Ts enjoyment. We kept their interest and the server running right up until aJ got banned. 3 hours? 4 hours? We even had a few players from nD coming to play on VGC, it was good to see. Soon as you banned him? VGC emptied.

There's a lot more to this but I'll hold it for now and wait for your response, Camper.

"I'm too sexy for my shirt."

Message edited by raY - Sunday, 2010-03-28, 1:49 PM

CamperDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 2:47 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Well, aJ

I'll take the admin abuse on the soccer field on me.. That wasnt good I know that. So I am sorry for that, but about the ban!

aJ, your a good commander but you know that when you open the cells before giving orders = freeday!
but you and that "sp" dude still commanded us like you thought you could do whatever you wanted. And you know that you can't give orders on a freeday. And when you give us a order: "Crouch and freeze, in 3 2 1 0" and after that starting to kill all who isnt crouching and freezing = freekill. And I knew that you knew it!
So I dont understand why you did it, maybe beacuse you thought it was funny or something, beacuse the thing is. I didnt ban you directly, well for that too! But when a ct like you freekill's and then starting to laugh about it its something that tells me that.. "hmm, wtf is that for a commander"
And as you said, the clock was 4am in the morning so I was tired etc.. but when you did what you did I just felt that I had to do something to make you see what you had done!

(for you ray)
And I know that maybe you were having fun on the football field, but the reason that I came on was beacuse I had some complains about fk and tk.
This guy tells me that "I hope you one day can see ray, he just ignore he's friends teamkilling and freekilling. Thats not the kinda admin we want! if my friend would tk or fk I would slayed him as a warning, but he told me that you didnt do anything!" So if you want to hold on too your admin I dont want more complains about that! beacuse thats against the rules: No special treatment! And that goes for ct and admin. ct = kill him or special treatment, admin= slay,kick,ban or its special treatment. nomatter if its your friend! its just wrong and it gives you and the community a bad example!

Camper*_*

"Source takes less skill than 1.6"
-Tyler "Storm" Wood

PlaGueDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 4:14 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Camper:
''So if you want to hold on too your admin I dont want more complains about that!'' People have to complaint whatever they want to, even if it is an admin or a member. And you have to withstand that. I'm not complaining you at all, cause in my opinion I think your doing good, camper...

Listen guys, you can't expect camper see everything in the time, maybe he dropped something, that's why you got this forum.

''Abuse of power". "Incompetent admins. I've heard it before. Mostly I hear it from people who are banned...

aJ:
''also by banning us Camper emptied the server, the time now is 3:19am and the server is dead. GG.''
The reason for server is dead, isn't because you got banned and people left from the server... Maybe you should think about that in Europa it's around 3-4pm, and people are sleeping. But yea VGC community will continue without you too, but you are of course welcome smile

raY:
I actually believe what raY is saying, it doesn't mean that I don't believe your, camper. In my opinion is raY a good example for this community like all of the admins/members here. Because I know that you headadmins would never make someone member who have no clue about what they are doing...

- Thank you smile

"The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something." Platon

Message edited by PlaGue - Sunday, 2010-03-28, 4:16 PM

CamperDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 5:13 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
plague, what I said about complaining about that is something we need to take serious! beacuse its directly special treatment for friends!

if an admin doesnt slay,kick,ban for fk its beacuse its he's friend its special treatment. so when ppl complaining about something like that we need to talk about it!

and special treatment = breaking the rules... (quite fail if members/admins do that)

-Tyler "Storm" Wood

raYDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 6:18 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Thanks for the replies.

Okay, first, to defend myself and the comment regarding "special treatment". There was a player on the CT team with aJ at the time who had been playing for half an hour or so but he seemed a little too happy with the trigger and free-killed several times throughout the gameplay. After many cries of freekill from the Ts, even from me, aJ first told the CT to slay himself and after refusing to do so, killed him once to prove a point. I warned him twice throughout to stop and observe how to play a CT by following aJ's example. After that, everything was fine. No need to kick, slay or ban, just a warning and a CT doing his bit to insure justice on the server.

At no time at all, did I give any "special treatment". It might look that way because I give a lot of warnings but that's how I "admin" a server. I'm not quick to slay, quick to kick or quick to ban, if at all. The maturer approach to tackling a problem is always facing the accused at a respectable level. No one appreciates an admin that is quick to boast their admin powers, that is why I warn several times. I mentioned this in my old admin application on your old forums. I rarely use amxmodmenu unless circumstances are extreme but as of now, I have yet to come across such a scenario.

Camper, if you want to question my actions as an admin, I ask you this. I found you playing on mY.run yesterday. A lot longer then you were playing on VGC. Throughout most of the day, I looked at the my.run's server to find you on there constantly. Being head admin and founding member of VGC, it's your responsibility to support the server, right? And you say, it was 4am in the morning and you were tired so you just felt like you had to ban aJ to make him see a point. Not good enough. Not a good enough reason. If you're an admin, especially the head admin, you lead by example. You don't join other servers to play jailbreak when VGC is fully populated with players and you don't complain about the time or how tired you are to prove it okay to ban a good commanding player. You want to solve a problem on the server? Like I said, approaching a situation at a maturer level is the best way to settle things in a respectable manner. Not the ban hammer. All I see in your replies are "slay,kick,ban for fk". There are other options too, amxmodmenu might be the quicker solution but it certainly doesn't win you or the server any popularity. A business manager doesn't fire his employees every time something goes wrong. It'd decline the business.

Plague, I appreciate the reply. I have to bring up the "server dead" comment you made to aJ. Yes, it's 3-4am in the morning and people are sleeping at the time. But you missed the point completely. It was early in the morning, but we contended with nD by keeping players on VGC at ungodly hours. As soon as the incident with the ban took place, the 7-9 people playing on the SERVER at that TIME left. Why do you think that was? You think they would've stayed on the server and played more jailbreak had aJ not been banned? I think so. And yes, VGC will be around no matter who comes or goes, but we are not here to debate the liveliness of VGC's jailbreak server. It's easy to populate the server during the day. How about at night? And thank you for the compliment, much appreciated, Plague.

Added (03.28.2010, 6:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (camper)
gives you and the community a bad example!

This I find, fairly disrespectful. I never once accuse you of being a bad example to the community and to yourself even after all that is mentioned in this thread. Yet, with your one groundless claim of me giving special treatment, you're ready to accept me as someone who is of no use to VGC when all me and aJ have done is thought of ideas to help further develop VGC at becoming one of, if not, the best jailbreak server in Europe. I'd like to treat this as a learning experience, not just for me but for everyone. Doesn't matter whether you're player, member or admin. So please, keep the disrespect to a minimum. I'm also a member of this community, not a rule breaking, ban-hammering, special treating admin. If you have any other accusations you'd like to accuse me of, please make it clear so that misunderstandings such as the special treatment can be cleared.

Don't be so quick to threaten me about "holding onto my admins". As any player on the server has clearly seen, I rarely use it. You're very swift to point a finger at me and scream, "special treatment! rule breaker! fail at admin!". Let me guess, I didn't whip out the slay/kick/slap as quickly as you did? Well, then I'm guilty. Warnings are more then good enough for me to "admin" the server. I don't need to slay a free killer, I just warn them not to do it again and thank them for listening. What do we get? A happy player and mutual respect. +1 to server popularity.

aJDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 6:25 PM | Message # 7
Private
Quote (Camper)
aJ, your a good commander but you know that when you open the cells before giving orders = freeday!

Quote (aJ)
Pne-GamIng |Hoffmeastro^ : last and first reacton day

: D : :P

(me on mic: "ok hoffmeastro taking command of this day")

====

Quote (Camper)
I'll take the admin abuse on the soccer field on me.. That wasnt good I know that

Quote (Camper)
And I knew that you knew it! So I dont understand why you did it, maybe beacuse you thought it was funny or something

====

Quote (Camper)
But when a ct like you freekill's and then starting to laugh about it its something that tells me that.. "hmm, wtf is that for a commander"

That's what it tells you
Now let me explain what it tells someone that was on the server longer than (how many rounds were you on camper? 2 i think?) 2 rounds.
I was commanding. Its 4am. Its nothing serious so I am extremely lenient, allowing T's to get away with slashing me or attempting to knife me, other players would just kill them straight away, but in the spirit of keeping the server alive and making the game a little more fun, I try to give the game a jokey feel to it... and it WAS working, lol's all over the screen tongue
We wasn't laughing about "freekilling", as far as we knew it wasn't freekilling and hoff had said wat day it was and before we opened up and even after a countdown to freeze you all continued to run as if you wanted to die - keeping in with the jokey theme because thats the kind of thing that was going on anyway before you connected.

Added (03.28.2010, 6:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
====

Quote (Camper)
but when you did what you did I just felt that I had to do something to make you see what you had done!

There are so many other way's you could have handled it that wouldn't make you look like a raging kid, you can approach me as an adult and say something to me, as a regular on the server you can add me on steam and talk to me about it, as a head admin I'd think you'd be a little more understanding about the situation.
raY called me and said "are you gonna JB because if not then I'm going sleep" i said "come we'll just play an hour then". You said you were tired etc... we ended up playing 3 hours and commanding for 2 of them, we weren't exactly wide awake either.
In those 3 hours we came across plenty of rulebreakers on the server, raY didn't slap kick or slay a single one, instead he would tell them what they were doing wrong, he would warn them, in response we ended up with players that would stay and play rather than losing them to another server or sending them to bed.

====

Quote (PlaGue)
The reason for server is dead, isn't because you got banned and people left from the server... Maybe you should think about that in Europa it's around 3-4pm, and people are sleeping

I live in Europe and I was awake...
OK so its coincidence that after keeping the server alive for 3 UNSOCIABLE hours (12-3am) that 4 minutes after being banned the server clears out.
and a further coincidence that sometimes me and ray are on the server commanding with people at around 6am.

CamperDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 7:10 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
ray, I love playing deathrun and hns, etc! so when vgc doesnt have those mod on the servers, how can I play it?

ofc as a head-admin I should play on vgc's servers, and I do! but, when I've played jb for 2-3 hours i'm getting tired of it. and ofc I get bored. So plz dont blame me for playing more on my run than vgc.. beacuse we only got 1 server (I wont count aim as a server beacuse no1 is using it), so if your that guy who want's to play jailbreak 24/7 without getting bored. Not my problem, i dont care if your a member and you play on another server.. (if you feel that an head admin should only play on he's community server, its ok! I really dont care if you think that..) This is a game... not real life! it sounds like your taking this like its irl! ok, I can say out now: "I failed last night! and im sorry for that." there.. Its a game that I play for the enjoyment not beacuse its life or death.

and something aj, how the hell could hoff give orders when he didnt even have a mic?? and if that was the guy you were talking about ray, you should done something!

-Tyler "Storm" Wood

aJDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 9:42 PM | Message # 9
Private
Admitting you're problem is the first step to losing it :P that's all I ever wanted. No hard feelings.

-aJ

SmileyDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 10:49 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Well ray, you said that you warned him? When?

I'm not failing, i'm just trying to make you feel better.

CamperDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 10:53 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
fine aj..
I dont wanna make this worse.. but answer me on my last question plz!

*How could hoff give any orders when he didnt have a mic??*

-Tyler "Storm" Wood

raYDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 11:08 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
Quote (Smiley)
Well ray, you said that you warned him? When?

Well Smiley, I warned twice around 3:34am last night on Sunday 28th March 2010. Specific enough for you or you want some fries with that?

Camper, there's a lot of points you missed out but I'll let it slide since there is no hard feelings and we can just continue bringing joy to VGC jailbreak.
If you're getting tired of JB, why do you go onto my.run to play more jb? lol. I know this is a game and not real life, there's no need for you point that out to me, as I said before, it's no excuse for the responsibilities you hold.

Anyway, as it stands, I'll let aJ defend himself and if I feel the need to post again in this thread, I will. If not, happy jailbreaking.

CamperDate: Sunday, 2010-03-28, 11:26 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
omfg...
raY? I was on knife,hns,deathrun! when i'm on the myrun jailbreak its 1 reason for that!
ADVERTISING!

ok? your talking about bringing joy etc.. more ppl = more fun? right?

I feel its more fun to play when its more ppl, but how do you get more ppl on a server? Answer: 1. Play on the server? 2. Advertising on other servers??
what would you vote for?

but ofc.. as we said! no hard feelings^^

-Tyler "Storm" Wood

SmileyDate: Monday, 2010-03-29, 5:26 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
And yes I agree with you Plague, raY is a good player and a good example for this community.

Quote (raY)
Well Smiley, I warned twice around 3:34am last night on Sunday 28th March 2010.

raY I am sorry, I did not see that. Maybe I was afk or you said it over steam perhaps? (If you knew him)

However, the server did not empty because aJ got banned, but because I left ofc.
The server is dead without me you know c(:

I'm not failing, i'm just trying to make you feel better.

UrbanDate: Monday, 2010-03-29, 7:08 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
Quote (Smiley)
And yes I agree with you Plague, raY is a good player and a good example for this community.

Quote (raY)
Well Smiley, I warned twice around 3:34am last night on Sunday 28th March 2010.

raY I am sorry, I did not see that. Maybe I was afk or you said it over steam perhaps? (If you knew him)

However, the server did not empty because aJ got banned, but because I left ofc.
The server is dead without me you know c(:

I dont know about the good player havent seen him play that much. but he imagines thinks too much.... if we are playing last reaction its not simon says so im not surpriced if he failed this time too

Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know.

Forum » Community Section » Admin Problems » bad camper bad
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: